As Temporary Shipping Assistant, you will work primarily with our Customer Experience and Wholesale teams to coordinate all of our daily outgoing shipments during the Holiday season. You are a crucial part of Marla Aaron’s customer experience as you will ensure that each piece arrives safely and in a timely manner. You will handle each order with care.
You will work closely with the Shipping Coordinator and report to the Fulfillment Manager.
This position has the potential to become permanent.
- Be responsible for incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Pack and ship daily orders in a timely manner
- Pack and ship annual holiday SET drop
- Become a resident expert in our specific packaging protocol
- Communicate closely with the Shipping Coordinator to ensure that each package is shipped in the manner and time frame intended for each specific customer and/or store
- Refill supplies used daily in the shipping area
- Keep inventory of shipping supplies and packaging and update our Fulfillment Manager when a reorder is necessary
- Unpack and organize incoming supply shipments
Salary range: $25.00-30.00/hour
- Experience shipping luxury goods and/or high end fine jewelry
- Must be able to lift and carry boxes up to 50lbs
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position during your shift
- The ability to stoop, bend and push carts up to 50lbs
- Must be able to adhere to process protocol
- Are a fast learner and team player
- When you make mistakes you own them
- Ask questions when you don't understand.
- Know how to communicate effectively by phone, by email, by text, by social media, and especially in person
- Are proficient in G-Suite, Microsoft Office and have a desire and ability to learn the technology necessary to improve workflow - whatever that may be
- Love organization in a Marie Kondo sort of way
- Are willing to take on tasks that may fall outside of your job description
We are a rebellious little company and we make jewelry and other objects in New York City. They are beautiful and people seem to love them. What began with one lock is now an entire collection designed to be worn in infinite ways and used as “jewel tools” with individuals’ own collections—to redefine the “precious” in jewelry with individuality. The collection is sold online and in select independent stores in the US and around the world and even in a vending machine or two.
We are an equal opportunity employer for whom diversity and inclusion are a passion and a commitment.
Our offices are decidedly “unoffice like” and fill a full floor on 47th street in the heart of New York’s Diamond District. Our fridge is also filled with great food.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com