We are hiring someone who will be in the nitty gritty of our product quality control. You will be expertly trained on how to pass a perfect lock, chain, and all things in between, as well as basic level production.
You will work closely with our production team to ensure our customers only receive beautiful products they will love and cherish and perhaps pass down as heirlooms.
- Coordinate all stages of the jewelry production from product development through to quality control
- Initiate and keep track of status of material and sample requests, approvals, and alert management of exceptions
- Demonstrate understanding of costing implications as they relate to the Product Development process
- Work closely with manufacturing partners (remotely and on-site) to continuously improve manufacturing capabilities and quality standards
- Coordinate production process of all orders
- Work closely with sales team to maintain inventory, replenishing and fulfillment
- Maintain inventory and update BOM data in the system
- Understand and master every aspect of product knowledge to help our customer experience team excel
- Maintain production equipment including LaserStar engraving machine, Ultrasonic machine, steamer and scales
- Test products for optimal functionality, finish, and overall beauty
- Organize existing inventory and raw materials for Stock, Stores and Trunk shows
- Coordinate communication of repairs, returns and exchanges and engravings
- Assist the Director of Production with ad hoc production requests
- 3-5 years of high end fine jewelry development and production experience
- Knowledge of diamonds and fine materials is a plus
- CAD and/or bench experiences strongly preferred
- Knowledge and use of perpetual inventory system
- Project management/production management experience
- Eye for design, proportion, wearability and quality control
Salary range: $60,000-90,000 based on experience
- Are a fast learner and team player
- When you make mistakes you own them
- Ask questions when you don't understand.
- Know how to communicate effectively by phone, by email, by text, by social media, and especially in person
- Are proficient in G-Suite, Microsoft Office and have a desire and ability to learn the technology necessary to improve workflow - whatever that may be
- Love organization in a Marie Kondo sort of way
- Are willing to take on tasks that may fall outside of your job description
We are a rebellious little company and we make jewelry and other objects in New York City. They are beautiful and people seem to love them. What began with one lock is now an entire collection designed to be worn in infinite ways and used as “jewel tools” with individuals’ own collections—to redefine the “precious” in jewelry with individuality. The collection is sold online and in select independent stores in the US and around the world and even in a vending machine or two.
We are an equal opportunity employer for whom diversity and inclusion are a passion and a commitment.
We provide health insurance as well as dental and vision plans.
401K matching program.
Access to personal and professional development coaching and support.
Other benefits such as transit vouchers, discounts at certain gyms and retailers.
“Errand Day” (you’ll learn about that if you come in for an interview)
Our offices are decidedly “unoffice like” and fill a full floor on 47th street in the heart of New York’s Diamond District. Our fridge is also filled with great food.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org