3-5 Years ExperiencePlease apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Steward is a mid to senior level generalist marketing role within our fast-growing organization. You will oversee the daily needs of our brand image across all channels. Your work will impact both retail and wholesale operations and ensure that the Marla Aaron message is communicated effectively across all dimensions with our unique and authentic voice. We know you’ve got this.
We decided to call the position a “Steward” because like a steward, this work at our company is about “looking after” our most important asset and that is who and what we are and how we communicate it.
As our Marketing Steward your work will touch every part of our business and we can’t wait to have you join us.
Here is a general overview of your responsibilities:
Online via marlaaaron.com:
- Our website is “alive” and requires constant (re)assessment which is why we want you to work with our digital agency partners to make sure brand standards are maintained on marlaaaron.com You will regularly answer the question, “is this the best way we can present ourselves online”?
- Work with the Content Coordinator to ensure that there is clear accurate consistent brand message across all social media platforms.
- Oversee all digital marketing (paid and unpaid) including newsletters and social media posts
- Manage our digital, creative and media buying agencies to ensure smooth and efficient performance across digital marketing channels - across paid search, display, social and CRM
- Oversee the development and management of our content and marketing calendar including email, paid and social media efforts.
- Keep key stakeholders updated on all releases and activations.
With our CEO/Designer:
- Work on ad-hoc marketing projects; lookbook production, event management, brand connections, press & marketing liaison.
- Manage communication and strategy for all product releases while keeping all relevant parties informed (production, customer experience, wholesale)
- We are deeply proud of how our jewelry arrives in the hands of our customers through our packaging and we work with a series of vendors to make sure the experience is exceptional—you will be working with Marla on making sure we are always delivering our work delightfully.
With our Wholesale team:
- Make sure that the wholesale manager and our accounts have access to top notch brand assets of all kinds and always current information so they not only succeed as a MAJ store but delight in doing business with us.
- Develop and execute ideas with Wholesale leader as to marketing needs of our stores around the world.
With our Production team:
- Understand the flow of new product launches and work with the production team to coordinate the marketing actions necessary to introduce our newest additions to the collection:
With Customer Experience:
- Work with the Showroom Director on strategy and planning for growth
- Update key stakeholders regarding releases and activations.
- Idea develop with Customer Experience Team as to their marketing needs.
- Monitor how customers are engaging with our marketing efforts so we can always improve and do better. Surprising our customers is a must, and something our customers expect from us.
- High level of experience in marketing / ecommerce for a lifestyle brand
- Strong analytical skills to analyze data & identify issues and potential opportunities, evaluate options and provide clear recommendations for eCommerce & marketing growth.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience Shopify, and Mailchimp and have a deep curiosity to learn about other potential services and programs that will improve our customers’ experience with our company.
- Experience and interest working for a premium product based brand across any dimension.
- Some management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,PowerPoint),Google docs, Dropbox. Working knowledge of photo editing software such as Photoshop is a plus.
Who you are as a person:
- Are a fast learner
- When you make mistakes you own them.
- Ask questions when you don't understand.
- Know how to communicate effectively by phone, by email, by text, by social media. In person.
- Love organization in a Marie Kondo sort of way.
- Love jewelry and fashion but you love the human race even more.
- Are willing to take on tasks that may fall outside of your job description --this could happen--you roll with it.
We are a rebellious little company and we make jewelry and other objects in New York City. They are beautiful and people seem to love them. What began with one lock is now an entire collection designed to be worn in infinite ways and used as “jewel tools” with individuals’ own collections—to redefine the “precious” in jewelry with individuality. The collection is sold online and in select independent stores in the US and around the world and even in a vending machine or two.
We are an equal opportunity employer for whom diversity and inclusion are a passion and a commitment.
We provide health insurance, medical, dental and vision plans
401K matching program
Access to personal and professional development coaching and support
Other benefits such as transit vouchers, discounts at certain gyms and retailers,
“Errand Day” (you’ll learn about that if you come in for an interview)
Our offices are decidedly “unoffice like” and fill a full floor on 47th street in the heart of New York’s Diamond District. Our fridge is also filled with great food.
We use ultrasonic technology to clean our work space and comply with CDC guidance to maintain a safe and welcoming environment to all.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com