Retail Sales ManagerPlease apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marla Aaron is a leading fine jewelry brand based in New York City. We are currently seeking an energetic, organized and process-driven Retail Sales Manager to support our Customer Experience team and help us grow our retail footprint. The Retail Sales Manager will lead by example and scale our end-to-end retail experience, focusing on engaging both new and loyal customers online and offline.
- Develop the sales and customer acquisition strategy that will allow us to grow
- Lead the Customer Experience team in both sales outreach and customer services
- Operationalize the retail experience (inclusive of hiring talent, managing in-store budget and in-store customer experience)
- Oversee day-to-day customer service operations including: ensuring proper staffing across channels, operating on the various digital platforms we use for sales and services, handling escalations, and ensuring high quality customer communications
- Create the operational foundations for the team to grow and improve client acquisition, sales skills and client retention, including developing operational processes and performance analysis, creating self-serve resources, and implementing best practices
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Experience and Production teams to bring our online experience to life at the same level of customer engagement as our offline experience
- Partner with Wholesale Manager and team to ensure brand presence at local wholesale partners
- Collaborate with Human Resources to hire, manage, and lead a team of high performing retail associates and manage all relevant agencies that can scale consistent store experiences and growth
- Conduct in-store operations training for all associates
- Partner with Shipping & Fulfillment to ensure orders are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Create, update and distribute and all Customer Experience policies and procedures
- Consistently review and improve areas that require additional guidelines
- Love jewelry and all it means to our customers, love to sell and make sure each customer finds joy in their purchase
- Are a fast learner
- Have rigorous attention to detail
- When you make mistakes, you own them
- Ask questions when you don't understand
- Find the positive in negative situations
- Know how to communicate effectively by phone, email, text, on social media and in person
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Workplace, and have a desire and ability to learn the technology necessary to improve workflow, whatever that may be
- Love organization in a Marie Kondo sort of way
- Love jewelry and fashion but you love the human race even more
- Are willing to take on tasks that may fall outside of your job description --this will happen--you roll with it
Experience: Manager, 3+ years of Retail experience. Management experience preferred
Salary range: $70,000-80,000/year
We are a rebellious little company and we make jewelry and other objects in New York City. They are beautiful and people seem to love them. What began with one lock is now an entire collection designed to be worn in infinite ways and used as “jewel tools” with individuals’ own collections—to redefine the “precious” in jewelry with individuality. The collection is sold online and in select independent stores in the US and around the world and even in a vending machine or two.
We are an equal opportunity employer for whom diversity and inclusion are a passion and a commitment.
We provide health insurance as well as dental and vision plans.
401K matching program.
Access to personal and professional development coaching and support.
Other benefits such as transit vouchers, discounts at certain gyms and retailers.
“Errand Day” (you’ll learn about that if you come in for an interview)
Our offices are decidedly “un-office like” and fill a full floor on 47th street in the heart of New York’s Diamond District. Our fridge is also filled with great food.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com