New York City, NY
4-5 YearsPlease apply at email@example.com
The Brand Director is a mid to senior level generalist marketing role within our fast-growing organization. You are the marketing steward and will oversee the daily needs of our brand image across all channels. Your work will impact both retail and wholesale operations and ensure that the Marla Aaron message is communicated effectively across all dimensions with our unique and authentic voice. We know you’ve got this.
Here is a general overview of your responsibilities:
With our CEO/Designer:
- Work on ad-hoc marketing projects; lookbook production, event management, brand connections, press & marketing liaison.
- Manage communication and strategy for all product releases while keeping all relevant parties informed (production, customer experience, wholesale)
- Work with our leader and content creation partners to ensure our brand voice and images are communicated dynamically and efficiently across all channels and platforms
With our Wholesale team:
- Make sure that the wholesale manager and our accounts have access to top notch brand assets of all kinds and always current information so they not only succeed as a MAJ store but delight in doing business with us.
- Develop and execute ideas with Wholesale leader as to marketing needs of our stores around the world.
- Understand how our brand is seen and understood in the wholesale environment and work with the wholesale team to improve how our messaging is delivered, from POS materials to displays and training.
With Customer Experience:
- Idea develop with the Customer Experience Team as to their marketing needs.
Monitor how customers are engaging with our marketing efforts so we can always improve and do better. Surprising our customers is a must, and something our customers expect from us.
- High level of experience in marketing / ecommerce for a lifestyle brand
- Strong analytical skills to analyze data & identify issues and potential opportunities, evaluate options and provide clear recommendations for eCommerce & marketing growth.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with Shopify and Mailchimp and have a deep curiosity to learn about other potential services and programs that will improve our customers’ experience with our company.
- Experience and interest working for a premium product based brand across any dimension.
- Some management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,PowerPoint),Google docs, Dropbox. Working knowledge of photo editing software such as Photoshop is a plus.
Experience Level: 4-5 years
Salary Range: $110,000-120,000/year
Who you are as a person:
- Are a fast learner
- When you make mistakes you own them.
- Ask questions when you don't understand.
- Know how to communicate effectively by phone, by email, by text, by social media. In person.
- Love organization in a Marie Kondo sort of way.
- Love jewelry and fashion but you love the human race even more.
- Are willing to take on tasks that may fall outside of your job description --this could happen--you roll with it.
We are a rebellious little company and we make jewelry and other objects in New York City. They are beautiful and people seem to love them. What began with one lock is now an entire collection designed to be worn in infinite ways and used as “jewel tools” with individuals’ own collections—to redefine the “precious” in jewelry with individuality. The collection is sold online and in select independent stores in the US and around the world and even in a vending machine or two.
We are an equal opportunity employer for whom diversity and inclusion are a passion and a commitment.
We provide health insurance, dental and vision plans
401K matching program
Access to personal and professional development coaching and support
Other benefits such as transit vouchers, discounts at certain gyms and retailers
“Errand Day” (you’ll learn about that if you come in for an interview)
Our offices are decidedly “unoffice like” and fill a full floor on 47th street in the heart of New York’s Diamond District.
Our fridge is also filled with great food.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org