As Shipping Coordinator, you will work primarily with our Customer Experience and Wholesale teams to coordinate all of our daily outgoing shipments. You are a crucial part of Marla Aaron’s customer experience as you will ensure that each piece arrives safely and in a timely manner. You will become a resident expert on our complex packaging and handle each order with care. Shipping around the world grows more complex every day and we are looking for someone well versed in shipping and willing to stay abreast of the latest developments in the shipping world – specifically as it relates to fine jewelry. You will constantly reevaluate our shipping processes and work with the rest of the team to improve upon them.
- Be responsible for incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Pack, ship, and fulfill daily orders in a timely manner
- Be well-versed in both domestic and international shipping across shipping platforms
- Become a resident expert in our specific packaging protocol
- Communicate closely with Customer Experience and Wholesale team members to ensure that each package is shipped in the manner and time frame intended for each specific customer and/or store
- Troubleshoot all shipping issues and communicate the outcome with the necessary team member in a timely manner
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction
- Collaborate across departments to optimize shipping processes
- Assist in managing our relationships with shipping carriers
- Keep inventory of shipping supplies and packaging and update our sales teams when a reorder is necessary
Salary Range: $50,000-60,000/year
- Are a fast learner.
- When you make mistakes, you own them.
- Ask questions when you don't understand.
- Find the positive in negative situations.
- Are proficient across shipping platforms.
- Are organized.
- Communicate in person, in writing and on the phone with directness and kindness across the dimensions of our business
- Love jewelry and fashion but you love the human race even more.
- Are willing to take on tasks that may fall outside of your job description --this will happen--you roll with it.
We are a rebellious little company and we make jewelry and other objects in New York City. They are beautiful and people seem to love them. What began with one lock is now an entire collection designed to be worn in infinite ways and used as “jewel tools” with individuals’ own collections—to redefine the “precious” in jewelry with individuality. The collection is sold online and in select independent stores in the US and around the world and even in a vending machine or two.
We are an equal opportunity employer for whom diversity and inclusion are a passion and a commitment.
We provide health insurance as well as dental and vision plans.
401K matching program.
Access to personal and professional development coaching and support.
Other benefits such as transit vouchers, discounts at certain gyms and retailers.
“Errand Day” (you’ll learn about that if you come in for an interview).
Our offices are decidedly “unoffice like” and fill a full floor on 47th street in the heart of New York’s Diamond District. Our fridge is also filled with great food.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com