Director of Production
Full TimePlease apply at email@example.com
Director of Production
We are hiring someone who will lead our fast growing fine jewelry company and its ever expanding production and manufacturing needs.
- Collaborate across the value chain and partner with product development to ensure quality and cost considerations are built into product design and development
- Owns manufacturing feasibility for new product development
- Partner with product supply to source, evaluate, qualify and onboard new manufacturing partners and direct-sourced material suppliers
- Lead the quality management strategy and quality assurance team and codify our standards across all manufacturing relationships
- Work closely with manufacturing partners (remotely and on-site) to continuously improve manufacturing capabilities, quality standards and costs
- Manage inventory and product control
- Partner with product development to optimize the end-to-end product lifecycle, and influence technical, quality and cost drivers for success
- Develop and implement product cost engineering actions for new and existing products
- Own the development and management of product specifications and SOP’s
- Undertake supplier risk assessments with product supply and 3rd party auditors
- Oversees budget management including sampling, product testing and quality control
- Develops the strategic roadmap for technical product development and manufacture
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability and continuous improvement
- Interprets, trains, and consistently enforce company policies and procedures
You will be joining a dedicated team that has worked hard to build Marla Aaron into the rebellious little luxury jewelry company it is today. Come grow with us.
- Are a fast learner
- When you make mistakes you own them.
- Ask questions when you don't understand.
- Know how to communicate effectively by phone, by email, by text, by social media, and especially in person.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and have a desire and ability to learn the technology necessary to improve workflow, whatever that may be.
- Love organization in a Marie Kondo sort of way.
- Love jewelry and fashion but you love the human race even more.
- Are willing to take on tasks that may fall outside of your job description
Experience Level: Director, Senior Management
We are a rebellious little company and we make jewelry and other objects in New York City. They are beautiful and people seem to love them. What began with one lock is now an entire collection designed to be worn in infinite ways and used as “jewel tools” with individuals’ own collections—to redefine the “precious” in jewelry with individuality. The collection is sold online and in select independent stores in the US and around the world and even in a vending machine or two.
We are an equal opportunity employer for whom diversity and inclusion are a passion and a commitment.
We provide health insurance as well as dental and vision plans.
401K matching program.
Access to personal and professional development coaching and support.
Other benefits such as transit vouchers, discounts at certain gyms and retailers.
“Errand Day” (you’ll learn about that if you come in for an interview)
Our offices are decidedly “unoffice like” and fill a full floor on 47th street in the heart of New York’s Diamond District. Our fridge is also filled with great food.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org